Monday, November 10, 2008

Tour de Trainer

Telling rain jokes in the Seattle area are almost sport this time of year. Here are a couple of my favorites

What do you call two days of solid rain followed by a day of sun? Monday!

A man come to Seattle for a business trip and after a week of enduring the constant rain he stops a 10 year old by on the street and asks him “does it ever stop raining here”?
The boy replies “how should I know mister I’m only 10 years old”.

As funny as these jokes are lately they are too true to be funny. It’s been raining here for what seems like weeks. So much so it has really limited riding opportunities. That being said this weekend I had to resort to riding in the house on the trainer. Not my favorite way to ride but a necessary evil if I want to work my way toward doing some hefty rides this upcoming spring and summer.

So last Saturday I bit the bullet and did some trainer riding while I watched some football on TV. It was good to get some riding in but the harsh reality set in that my fitness level has dropped off since the bad weather has set in. I’m really going to have to kick it into gear to get back into shape. Thus, another stage of the Tour de Trainer is going to happen tonight. I hope there’s something good on the tube to dull the boredom.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

UGH, Indoor exercise sucks!

Anonymous said...

You know, I've often thought that instead of riding their bikes all over France, they could just put all the guys on trainers, and declare the winner of each stage by the computer read outs. Ok... not really, but it would be amusing.